Solutions Engineer APPLY NOW
Who we are and why we exist:
EVPassport is a venture-backed Public Benefit Corporation empowering and inspiring the mass adoption of electric vehicles. We operate across North America, with offices in Venice Beach, California, and Brooklyn, New York.
EVPassport is the EV charging hardware and software platform for purpose-driven organizations. Brands committed to sustainability rely on EVPassport to provide their customers with the most seamless payment experience to charge any electric vehicle without requiring a separate app, account or a top-up balance.
And EVPassport is the only platform that enhances customer engagement for these companies by providing custom branded hardware with API-powered software that easily integrates with their existing applications and services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Revenue Operations and Pre-Sales team in the United States.
In this role, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of customer engagement in support of Strategic Accounts—actively driving, and managing technology evaluation, working as a key technical thought leader and advocate for our products and solutions. You will engage with prospective customers in person or on the phone, performing demonstrations, engineering site assessments, understanding EV rebates, and developing recommendations to assist customers with deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. You will also be responsible for responding to RFPs, and providing training on our products.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver presentations and demonstrations in support of the sales process, educating potential customers on the benefits of EVPassport platform solutions
- Act as a technical advisor, learning and understanding customer needs and developing the appropriate solutions
- Work with product development and management team to help align product innovation with customer and market needs
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and how to effectively sell against our competition
- Provide both general “best practice” and site-specific engineering recommendations for civil and electrical infrastructure and telecommunications (cellular and WiFi); analyze and perform detailed calculations for electrical service load profiling, capacity planning, and energy management
- Identify technical issues that may affect customer satisfaction, and proactively work to resolve such issues
- Maintain knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE).
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs; assist in the development and execution of SoWs (statements of work) and other proposals.
- Respond to Information Security / Information Technology (IS/IT) questions related to network security and data privacy
- Research and document all available EV charging rebates, incentive programs across the U.S. and Canada—local, state (provincial), and federal
- Become the ‘go-to’ expert on the team for rebates, grants, and tax incentives available for commercial electric vehicle charging installations across North America
- Establish clear lines of communication with offices across the U.S. and Canada in charge of programs, ensuring EVPassport is ahead of the curve on new initiatives
- Process, submit, and manage the entire end-to-end rebate/incentive process for EVPassport customers
- Manage the necessary processes across the rebate and grant approval process.
- Form a strong technical understanding of EVPassport through training and development milestones
Your previous experience:
- Background in analysis of rebate programs, understanding of tax rebates for energy efficiency, and more.
- Clear evidence of building strong relationships internally and with the customer, across all levels of the organization
- Experience should include some of the following: electrical engineering, construction management, telecommunications, information technology, software development, technical writing
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- EV Hardware, SaaS, or sustainability industry experience and genuine interest is always a plus
- Start-up mentality: proactive, a doer, willing to go above and beyond
- Loves to work in a team environment, and able to work independently
- Consistent, enthusiastic, learner
- Comfortable with Salesforce, GMail, Notion, and Slack
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to travel
- Previous technology field research or analysis experience
This is a pre-IPO position in the dynamic, rapidly-growing EV industry, with a growing organization trusted by strategic investors.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. It is the policy of EVPassport to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, EVPassport is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may 786-266-9922.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and EVPassports needs, we will contact you directly.